The Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Biohack
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as motor neuron disease (MND) or Lou Gehrig's disease, is a neurodegenerative disease that results in the progressive loss of motor neurons that control voluntary muscles. ALS is the most common motor neuron disease in adults and the third most common neurodegenerative disease after Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease. It is a nervous system disease that attacks nerve cells called neurons in your brain and spinal cord. These neurons transmit messages from your brain and spinal cord to your voluntary muscles - the ones you can control, like in your arms and legs. At first, this causes mild muscle problems. Some people notice:
- Trouble walking or running
- Trouble writing
- Speech problems
Eventually, you lose your strength and cannot move. When muscles in your chest fail, you cannot breathe. A breathing machine can help, but most people with ALS die from respiratory failure. The disease usually strikes between age 40 and 60. More men than women get it.
Now, through Epigenetic Biohacking, you can take back control of your health! Science has now shown that every dis-ease known has a specific gene that isn't functioning at optimal range. It's not necessarily the blueprint passed down to you from your parents, rather, in 90% of cases, it's caused by some epigenetic factor such as pathogens, heavy metals, or toxins, for example. The good news is that, because of epigenetics, which is how your environment and lifestyle influence the expression of your genes, you can now reverse the negative expression of your genes through diet, lifestyle, and targeted supplementation thereby decreasing symptoms, and kick-starting the self-healing process.
Although the initial symptoms and rate of progression vary from person to person, the disease eventually spreads to unaffected regions and the affected regions become more affected. Most people eventually are not able to walk or use their hands and arms, lose the ability to speak and swallow food and their own saliva, and begin to lose the ability to cough and to breathe on their own.
Research indicates those who have served in the military are at high risk. In addition, exposure to environmental toxins, heavy metal toxicity, exposure to extremely low frequency electromagnetic fields, and pesticides are also related.
This Biohack includes natural remedies for the main genes and pathways associated with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis including the recommended summary protocol.
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Biohack Genes & Pathways:
- C9orf72 Gene - C9orf72-SMCR8 Complex Subunit
- CFL1 Gene - Cofilin 1
- LIMK1 Gene - LIM Domain Kinase 1
- Signaling by Rho GTPases (ROCK)
- SOD1 Gene - Superoxide Dismutase 1
- ACO2 Gene - Aconitase 2
- Neuroscience Pathway
- CALB1 Gene - Calbindin 1
- Physico-Chemical Features and Toxicity-Associated Pathway
- NOS1 Gene - Nitric Oxide Synthase 1
- SRC Gene - SRC Proto-Oncogene, Non-Receptor Tyrosine Kinase
- AKT1 Gene - AKT Serine/Threonine Kinase 1
- MAPK1 Gene - Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase 1
- Response to elevated platelet cytosolic Ca2+ SuperPath
- A1BG Gene - Alpha-1-B Glycoprotein
- SYK Gene - Spleen Associated Tyrosine Kinase
- IL6 Gene - Interleukin 6
- Interleukin-12 family signaling SuperPath
- JAK-STAT signaling
- TARDBP Gene - TAR DNA Binding Protein
- CAPN3 Gene - Calpain 3
- CAST Gene – Calpastatin
- FUS Gene - FUS RNA Binding Protein
- AQP4 Gene - Aquaporin 4
- TNPO1 Gene - Transportin 1
- SLC1A2 Gene - Solute Carrier Family 1 Member 2 (EAAT2)
- TBK1 Gene - TANK Binding Kinase 1
- Ubiquitin-Proteasome System (UPS)
- UBQLN2 Gene - Ubiquilin 2